Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pizza Rustica

Oh the exciting world of Pizza Rustica and all of its variations yet to be discovered! As many of you already know, Pizza Rustica is a traditional Italian Easter pie, and can be made several different ways.

I was in love with this recipe from the minute I read it. In fact, it sounded so delicious that I felt compelled to follow it exactly and not try to get to creative, and I am happy that I did. I do think however, that next time I will allow some creativity to come out and would like to incorporate more dried meats and perhaps some tomatoes, and/or some veggies. I am already dreaming of the next time!
When I first read the recipe, it sounded very similar to a quiche, which of course is always a favorite in this house. I was a bit skeptical concerning the sweet crust, but as it was a match made in heaven. The sweetness of the crust alongside the savory flavors of the cheeses and prosciutto was heavenly.
Simple crust and NO YEAST!!

The crust and the filling were so simple that they almost made themselves! This recipe is great for all skill levels because I allows for all the creativity you can muster.  I also have to say that this recipe was not only simple, but also pretty fast to put together. The end product looks like you spent an entire morning creating, but in actuality, it takes a very short amount of time.

It's delicious, I PROMISE!

My husband and I enjoyed it a great deal, in fact so much that I had to send the rest of the pie with him to work. There are always hungry Marines to feed. I was sad to see it go, but my waistline is happy that it is.

Oh so good!



ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!

However you decide to make this, and whatever ingredients you choose, I hope you love it as much as I did!
Until next time.....
Stay tuned for Lemon Loaf Cake on April 17th

3 comments:

  1. I do love how easy this was and looked so elegant. It is bittersweet to let the leftovers go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful crust! I was thinking maybe a tasty combination would be blanched broccoli or spinach , prosciutto and those cheeses or even add a bit of shredded sharp cheddar. Check out this website, http://www.treats-sf.com/, she did a double crust- thats means more to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was much easier than I thought it would be.
    I love that you sent it out of the house to avoid eating it all :-)

    ReplyDelete