Tuesday, February 7, 2012

White Loaves



I am very excited about this being my very first blog about anything, but especially excited to be blogging about my first Tuesdays with Dorie recipe "White Loaves". The recipe is from Baking with Julia by Dorie Greenspan.




Getting Started

 The recipe makes two white loaves, but I made one of my loaves a cinnamon and sugar loaf.  The recipe is very easy to follow, and the variations can be endless!

Rising Loaves
After about 40 minutes in the oven, out came two pretty good looking loaves of bread. As you can see, the one loaf dips in the middle just a bit, but if the smell of these loaves are any indication to how they taste, I have two winners!


Baked Loaves
I am happy to say that this first recipe was a success. I am looking forward to future recipes from Baking with Julia!

8 comments:

  1. Nice looking loaves...on to the next project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading about everyone's cinnamon loaves, I wish I'd thought to do the same! =) I'm glad these turned out so well for you. Welcome to TWD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Looking forward to baking with you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful loaves! How did the cinnamon and sugar turn out? Cant wait for the chocolate tarts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinnamon & sugar loaf turned out great!!! I am really excited about the tarts coming up!!!

      Delete
  5. Welcome to TWD! This group will change your life!

    Your loaves are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete